Individual Change of Major Agreement (ICMA)

A change of major into WVIT requires the development of an ICMA and occurs within a one or two-quarter timeframe (maximum).

WVIT curriculum must be complete within the university 24 unit maximum above the 180 unit requirement.  Therefore, a student initiating an ICMA should not be above approximately 90 units for current students, and 120 units for transfer students.

No double majors or double concentration requests are permitted.

Please note: The Wine and Viticulture Minor is not accepting applicants.

 The following is required:

    1. Minimum Cal Poly GPA requirement:
      • Minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA
      • A minimum quarter/s GPA of 3.0 for the length of the contract
    2. Completion of three specific course requirements:
      1. AGB 214
      2. BOT 121
      3. CHEM 127 (CHEM 111 will not count in its place)
      4. ECON 222
      5. MATH 141 or 161 (Math 118 will not count in its place)
      6. WVIT 102

    ICMA Requirements (pdf)

    For more information on the ICMA process go to the Cal Poly Advicing ICMA page.


Back to top