||Situated in the Santa Ynez Valley, Gainey Vineyard is a family-owned estate winery that has been operating for nearly three decades. We are a 25,000 case premium winery with vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley and Sta. Rita Hills AVAs. We produce Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Riesling from the Santa Ynez Valley and Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Chardonnay from Sta. Rita Hills.
We are currently seeking a Lab Technician to manage lab analysis and quality control throughout the year.
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
• Grape maturity analysis
• Accurate pre-fermentation and post fermentation analysis
• Responsible for daily fermentation monitoring, both in tank and in barrel
• Manage QC standards for bottling, sanitation, all wine transfers, topping wine and harvest-related procedures
• Work with the cellar team to ensure work order adherence and completion
• Participates in training and monitoring interns or seasonal employees
• Report to winemaking team any time-sensitive data
• Keep accurate and organized records
• Able to manage time and organize effectively
• Computer proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision (judging wine color).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition, you should be fluent in English, be legally allowed to work in the US and possess or be in the process of obtaining your A.A, B.S, or higher degree in related sciences or Enology