||Rutherford Hill Winery is hiring seasonal harvest help. Rutherford Hill Winery specializes in making Merlot as well as making Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Rose. We are looking for passionate individuals that are dedicated to working hard and making great wines.
Cellar Harvest Intern:
• Assist in receiving and processing fruit
• Sanitation of winery equipment
• Perform additions to juice, must & wine
• Perform pump-overs/punch downs
• Juice racking, and wine movements from tank to tank
• Barrel filling, topping, stirring, and racking
• Remove pomace from tanks & presses
• Record data and complete work orders
We are looking for hard working candidates, with a positive attitude and ability to multitask in a busy environment. The perfect applicant should be able to pay close attention to detail, be committed to quality and passionate about wine! Previous Harvest experience preferred, but not a must. Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds. Shift work and overtime required. Must have reliable transportation and report to work on time. Ability to read and follow work orders. Must work safely around moving equipment and electricity.
Vineyard Sampling Intern:
Daily sampling of vineyards around the Napa Valley. Collecting grape samples in the morning then returning to the winery to process and analyze the juice.
Candidates must have good observational and reporting skills in order to communicate vineyard findings and conditions to the winemakers.
This position transitions into a lab intern when sampling tapers down throughout harvest.
Lab Harvest Intern:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in processing vineyard samples
• Sampling and analyzing incoming grapes and fermenting must
• Brix, temp, pH, TA, VA, enzymatic NH3, NOPA, RS, ML
• Monitoring fermentations and reporting to winemaking
• Sampling and analyzing finished wine for complete analysis:
•FSO2, pH, TA, VA, alcohol, enzymatic ML and RS• Learn and follow lab procedures
• Ensuring safety in lab at all times
• Maintaining a clean and organized workspace
• Education background in a science related field
• Good communication skills
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• We are looking for a team player who is happy to help out where needed
Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced professional laboratory environment. Must have previous Lab experience, 1-2 Harvests preferred. Ability to regularly lift and carry 40 lbs. Regular overtime during harvest will be required, as well as work on weekends. Great sense of humor is a plus!!