Home

Posting Date: 6/22/17
Internship INformation
Job Title Tasting Room Assistant Manager
Location  Monterey California
Company Name  The Wine Experience
Company Description At the Wine Experience, we provide a unique set of services – from wine tasting and custom blending to label personalization to interactive classes, and much more. Our wide range of products offer something to both wine novices and enthusiasts alike, and all at affordable pricing. We will provide everything you need and coach you in the process of making wine. Our wine blending sessions will give you a chance to experience a crucial part of the wine making process, and you can leave with a bottle of wine to drink that day – we’ll ship you the rest. Work on the perfect blend with a group of friends or coworkers, or simply concoct a little something for a special event to impress your friends.
Job Description

Looking for an aspiring hospitality/wine professional for our wine bar and micro-winery on Cannery Row in Monterey.  Applicants need to provide quality customer service to customers while serving wines, preparing small plate foods, or preparing customer wine blends and labels.  Approximately 75% of duties will be customer facing and the remaining 25% will involve wine bottling, label creation, and inventory management.  Some heavy lifting of cases of wine is required.  Candidate must have a flexible schedule and be able to work some weekends and evenings.  Ideal candidate must assist in directing the day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of owner and manager. Hours will range from 25-30 a week.

Qualifications are listed below:

* Ability to work evenings, three weekends a month, and some holidays (typical shifts from 5-8 hours)
* Wine knowledge and hospitality industry experience preferred
* Sales or retail experience preferred
* Friendly and able to connect with customers  
* Outstanding customer service and excellent communication skills
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task 
* Ability to prepare small food plates
* Cash handling and POS system experience
* Experience using graphics/photo editing software a bonus 
* General cleaning of glassware and tasting room
* Able to lift 40lbs on a regular basis
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time 
* Must be 21+ years of age

Job Type Party-time with poteential for full
Pay Scale $18-$22/hyr
Start Date ASAP
End Date  Long-term
Other Information

Pay rate will depend on level of wine and hospitality experience and training.  Opportunity to move to full-time position if proficient at job.  

 

Great opportunity for new person looking to enter the wine industry with an aspiring company that is looking to change the wine retail experience.  

Contact Instructions Please reply to this posting and include a cover letter on why you think you are a good fit, what days and hours you are available and include your resume indicating pertinent experience.
Contact Address  381 Cannery Row,  Monterey, CA 93940
Phone 831-869-8192
Fax  
Email brent@wineexperience.org
Web Link www.WineExperience.org

 

 

 



Back to top

 

 

 



Back to top