Harvest Internship with Full Time Potential
Kiani Preserve Cellars
Santa Ynez Valley
The Kiani Preserve is seeking an exceptional winery employee to join our team for the 2022 harvest. Candidates for this position can expect to work in tandem with our tightly knit winemaking team through all aspects of wine production, from grape to bottle. We will be working exclusively with our organically farmed estate vineyard which is in the Santa Ynez Valley of Santa Barbara County. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in hands on winemaking of extremely high quality.
August 1st 2022
November/December 2022, season permitting
Duties will include:
• fermentation monitoring
• pumpovers and punchdowns
• fruit processing operations
• lots of cleaning and sanitizing
• support vineyard operations, season permitting.
What we require:
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Cautious and safety-minded approach
• Reliability and self-motivation
• Strong attention to detail and pride in work
• Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly and work on your feet in a fast-paced environment
• A valid permit to work in US
Harvest days can be long, physically demanding and rigorous! Applicants should anticipate work long hours, 6 days per week, as is customary with any harvest season. Overtime will be paid at California’s standard rate.
As our vineyard and winery are some distance apart, interns should have reliable transportation.
*There is potential for a full-time position to be created for the right candidate
We do not provide housing but will assist any candidates in finding accommodations.