Los Olivos, CA
Our crew is a hard-working, fun-loving gang of wine lovers with years of experience to share. Anyone that wants to join in on the action and get in great shape should apply!
Beckmen Vineyards has two properties in the heart of Santa Barbara Wine Country. Our certified biodynamic Purisima Mountain Vineyard is in the esteemed Ballard Canyon AVA. Our other property is at the winery in the Los Olivos district AVA. We focus on Rhone varietals, primarily Syrah and Grenache; as well as Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, and several others.
This is a career-making opportunity for hard workers with open availability that are seeking a crash course in wine production and biodynamic vineyard management.
We are looking for a harvest intern for the 2022 harvest to work with our small team and directly with the winemaker. We are a later harvesting winery, usually starting around early October and running for approximately four to six weeks. You will be working with very small lot fermentations, bringing out what each block of our vineyards has to offer.
· Assist in fruit processing
· Cleaning/Sanitizing all crush equipment
· Tank cleaning
· Cap management
· Follow all safety protocol
· Drains and pressings
· General cleaning of fermentation area
· Taking care of the crush pad
· Be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
· Standing for extended periods of time
· Able to work for long shifts, including weekends
· Positive attitude
· Previous harvest experience or classwork in Enology/Viticulture preferred
· Passion for the wine industry
· Team player
· Strong work ethic
· Time efficient