Vineyard Summer/Harvest Internship
Coastal Vineyard Services
SAN LUIS OBISPO
Coastal Vineyard Services is a complete management company offering a variety of client services from vineyard design and installation to full scale annual management. We specialize in customized sustainable growing techniques that maximize efficiency and quality in the vineyard. We are experts in farming vineyards of all sizes, producing varieties for luxury and value price brands.
As soon as possible
end of 2018 harvest
This position is for a highly motivated, organized individual that is able to quickly learn and adapt. The candidate will be assisting the company's pest control adviser with field scouting and data collection in both Edna Valley and West Side Paso Robles.
High school diploma or equivalent; experience helpful but not required. Must have strong communication skills in English, Spanish helpful. Computer proficiency with good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word is needed. Possession of valid California Class C driver’s license required. Ability to drive an ATV and proficiency in using electronic devices.
Must be able to organize and plan work to achieve required results; handle multi-tasking situations. follow directions; and work independently and/or as a team member.
• Exposure to outside elements and physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, squatting)
• Long and irregular hours during peak periods
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work extended hours in hot and/or inclement weather.
• Ability to stand and walk over rough and uneven terrain.
• Ability to work on computer.