Tasting Room Associate & Tour Guide
Halter Ranch Vineyard
Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. California’s Central Coast Wine Country has ideal conditions for growing superior wine grapes and producing world-class wines. The 100% estate-grown wines are sustainably farmed on westside limestone soils. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality.
$15 + Wine Club Commissions and Tips
6/1/2018 - 6/15/2018
no end date
Weekends position + fill-in & events help
Halter Ranch Vineyard is seeking part-time Tasting Room Associate at their tasting room in Paso Robles, CA. This position is open to anyone 21 years of age and older. We are looking for team oriented candidates who are enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must!
• Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about the world of fine wines.
• A desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality and customer service.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to work weekends and Holidays.
• Must be 21 years old.
• Retail sales experience is a plus.
• Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting.
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions.
• Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers.
• Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales.
• Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary.
• Provides general tourist information.
• Conducts guided tours as needed.
• Assists with the winery’s special events as needed.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Side Work & Stocking
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
• Must be able to effectively stock wine, set up and break down tables, chairs and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
This part-time position will be weekends; Saturday and Sunday, no exceptions plus possible shift coverage options. Please keep this schedule in mind when applying.
Send resume to: (no phone calls please): Michelle Robles, HR/Admin Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: $15 an hour with wine club commissions + tips.
Michelle Robles - HR Manager