Work in Paso's premier Sustainable Winery
Shale Oak Winery
With a keen eye on sustainability in every facet of our business, and adhering to the belief that form follows function, Shale Oak Winery was built by a carefully crafted team. The group synergistically came together to plan, plant and build a vineyard, winery and tasting room in Paso Robles wine country that would have next to zero impact on the surrounding environment.
We have two vineyards, totaling a little over 70 acres. Both are farmed using sustainable practices, with careful attention paid to energy efficiency, water cleanliness and conservation, safe pest management and wild habitat preservation. Our GOLD LEED Certified Tasting Room, open since October 2011, showcases our limited-production, high-quality wines; the result of our holistic vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to work with our dynamic and dedicated team in the Shale Oak Tasting Room. Positions are part time to start (tips + commission) but full time with benefits possible. Shifts include weekends and holidays, about 10-18 hours/week.
• Skilled in effectively interacting and engaging with a wide range of visitor personalities
• Enjoys a vibrant, fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude with customers and co-workers
• Previous sales and customer service experience in the wine industry
• Strong general wine knowledge, as well as familiarity with the Paso Robles wine region
• Ensure all visitors are greeted in a warm and timely manner, and have a positive, memorable experience
• Pour tastes and provide accurate wine information
• Effectively sell wine, as well as club memberships
• Accurately handle routine sales transactions using software system
• Participate in special events, as well as some off-site functions
• Stock wine and merchandise, requires ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org