Crocker & Starr Winery
Crocker & Starr is beginning their third decade as a premium estate winery. Well known among world class sommeliers and world wine aficionados, it is famous for creating great wines from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Malbec. Crocker & Starr sources its grapes from their 100 acre estate vineyard and processes in our state of the art winery on the property.
Crocker & Starr is an ultra-premium winery in the St Helena AVA looking to take on two interns for the 2018 harvest. The successful candidates will work closely with winemaking and cellar staff, getting hands on experience in all aspects of the winemaking and vineyard processes.
The duties for the role include (but are not limited to):
· Cleaning and sanitizing tanks and winery equipment
· Fruit sampling
· Barrel maintenance
· Sorting fruit
· Performing yeast inoculations and ferment additions
· Performing pump overs and punch downs
· Monitoring fermentations
· Draining, digging and pressing
· Filling, racking and topping barrels
· Using excel and winery software
Ideal candidates must also have:
· A positive attitude, attention to detail, a love of music and a great sense of humor
· Previous harvest experience is required
· Forklift experience.
· Ability to work long hours and ability to lift over 50 lbs.
· Provide own housing and transportation
· Strong communication and organization skills
· Computer skills
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to develop their skills and experience in the wine industry.