Cellar Worker - Harvest
Pahlmeyer, a family owned winery in the Napa Valley, is looking for a passionate and dedicated Cellar Worker to join our production team.
At Pahlmeyer, we are committed to creating a dynamic and focused environment, allowing us to craft Napa Valley wines of the utmost quality. In achieving excellence in winemaking, we also seek to create and support opportunities for all employees to develop long-term careers and pursue lifelong learning.
Pahlmeyer cellar workers are accountable for performing all cellar activities under the overall guidance of our Cellar Master.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Complete all cellar procedures, racking, barrel down, topping, additions etc. with great care and focus.
• Adhere to all Safety standards of operating in the cellar
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of work performed.
• Adhere to precise standards of cellar cleanliness and sanitation.
• During harvest, assist in all winery responsibilities including: receiving fruit, pump overs, additions to fermentation vessels, collecting samples, draining, red and white pressing, barrel stirring, barreling down, transporting barrels and grapes.
• Assist with bottling operations including preparing wine for bottle, packaging, and quality control.
• Service and maintain pumps, tanks and other cellar equipment.
• Provide support and oversight of cellar interns and temporary staff.
Job knowledge and abilities:
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies.
• Follow directions under minimal supervision.
• Thorough knowledge and application of sanitation, wine movement, topping, barrel maintenance, and winery equipment.
• Aptitude and ability to work with pumps, filtration, gases, fittings, hoses, tanks and other equipment used in cellar and winemaking processes.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow precise instructions with accurate results.
• Excellent attention to detail.