Valley of the Moon at Madrone Vineyard Estate
777 Madrone Road, Glen Ellen, CA
Valley of the Moon at Madrone Estate Winery, is a historic winery located in the heart of Glen Ellen. Born on the historic Madrone Vineyards, originally planted in 1863, Valley of the Moon Winery has been at the foundation of Sonoma Valley’s winemaking heritage for over 150 years.
As one of the first wineries in Sonoma Valley, Valley of the Moon Winery boasts some of the region’s oldest Zinfandel clones.
Depending on Experience
We are seeking Harvest Interns from August – November to help us process 1600 tons of this year. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Assisting in receiving and processing fruit, sorting, pressing etc.,
• Perform punch downs, pump-overs,
• Monitor fermentation Brix and temperature, as needed,
• Racking juice, filling, topping and stirring barrels,
• Removing pomace from tanks and presses,
• Safe operation of a forklift,
• Accurate record keeping,
• Operate crusher/de-stemmer, press, conveyer, and pump,
• General cleaning and sanitization of winery and winery equipment.
The requirements for this job are as follows: must have attention to detail, a positive attitude, the willingness to work hard and get dirty and the ability to work well with others is essential.
• Previous cellar experience or winemaking education,
• Ability to perform the physical demands of cellar work such as, bending, stooping, climbing ladders and barrels,
• Lift and carry 50 pounds,
• Ability to work long hours/weekends/overtime in various conditions,
• Valid forklift license
• Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews