5398 Carneros Hwy, Napa, CA 94559
Hudson Wines, a small scale winery located in Carneros, seeks to employ a harvest intern to join the company for the inaugural harvest at our new winery.
The best candidate for this position is a strong worker who can buckle down and clean equipment or help sort, just as easily as take notes, taste fermentations, and ensure all quality standards are met.
The responsibilities and duties of the position include however are not limited to those listed below.
• Daily fermentation monitoring
• Execution of pump-overs and punch-downs
• Hand-sorting of fruit
• Cleaning and setting up tanks, sorting equipment, and presses for receiving fruit
• Assist with vineyard sampling and logging of data
• During harvest a 6 day work week is expected in addition to extended hours, varying shifts, nights and weekends
• Job is physically demanding with frequent walking, standing for long periods of time, conducting repetitive tasks and requires the ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Some Spanish fluency preferred
• Employee will be exposed to chemicals typical to the winemaking process such as sulfur, acid and caustic cleaners
• Must be adept in Microsoft Excel and Word
• This is a temporary position starting in August and continuing through November
• International candidates must already have work visa
• Hourly position
• Compensation is competitive and based on experience