Tasting Room Sales Associate
Baileyana, Tangent, True Myth Tasting Room
San Luis Obispo
Niven Family Wine Estates, based in San Luis Obispo’s Edna Valley on California’s South Central Coast, is one of the most innovative family-owned wine companies in America. Recognizing the diversity of our SIP Certified Sustainable estate in the cool-climate Edna Valley, we grow eleven different varietals, and make an extreme range of wines in a wide array of carefully focused styles. No other wine company, whether corporately held or family-owned, grows grapes and makes such a broad spectrum of wines from a single cool-climate estate. Rather than group all of these efforts under one wine brand, the Nivens have strategically positioned them as separate projects for you to enjoy.
DOE plus tips and commission
We are looking for someone to work part-time in arguably one of the busiest winery tasting rooms in the Edna Valley, San Luis Obispo. We would schedule a few training days in the latter part of August so that the successful candidate is up-to-speed by September.
Must be available 2-3 days a week including weekends. Hours subject to change. Event coverage mandatory. Ability to be on-call for emergencies is appreciated. If you cannot work weekends and holidays, please do not apply.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Friendly, positive, outgoing attitude
• Available between 10 and 20 hours per week on average
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays, and flexibility of scheduling to meet business needs
• Customer service, sales and team-working experience essential
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Operate POS system, Winedirect, and cash register efficiently and accurately
Responsibilities include the following;
• Assisting guests with wine tasting, education and purchases
• Promoting our wine club
• Maintaining cleanliness of the tasting room, bathrooms and picnic areas
• Helping with stocking of wine and merchandise