Tasting Room Associate
Mitchella Vineyard and Winery
2525 Mitchell Ranch Way, Paso Robles, CA 93446
Mitchella is a small, family owned winery. We have 20 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Tinta, and Touriga. Annually we produce about 2,000 cases. We are known for our fun blends such as Innuendo Noir, Presumptuous, and Cheap Bastard. Our wine club is about 1000 members and growing! We might be small but we create some killer wines!
Starting at $15 an hour
Mitchella Winery is seeking an employee who is hard working and passionate about the wine industry. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and team player. The job would consist of working Saturdays and Sundays(potentially Fridays if schedule permitted).
Job Responsibilities would consist of:
• Host tastings
• Educate guests on winery history and wine making practices
• Know and present knowledge of the wines pouring
• Promote and sell wine club offerings
• Accurate data entry and use of computerized Point of Sale system
• Daily involvement in sales, processing customer transactions, invoicing wine shipments
• Punctually and accurately execute daily opening and closing procedures
• Maintain cleanliness of the tasting room and other winery common areas
• Clean, wash, and polish glassware
• Restock tasting room inventory, wines, and supplies as appropriate
• Participate and assist winery hospitality team with various winery events as needed
• Attend and participate in monthly tasting room meetings and training sessions
• Knowledge of general winemaking and viticulture techniques preferred
• Excellent communication, customer service, and sales skills
• Experience with wine service preferred
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Work in a courteous and respectful manner at all times
• Previous hospitality/retail sales experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Must be 21 and over
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be on your feet for long hours
• Must be punctual
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays
• Must have strong attention to detail
Our team consists of 3 Cal Poly Alumni and one current Cal Poly Student. We are a small, lean team looking for someone who is interested in wearing many hats. You will gain hands on experience in more than just the tasting room. Please check us out on our website or social media.
Please contact Angela Mitchell with a cover letter and resume.