Center of Effort Wines
Center of Effort is a small, estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay brand that lives in a large wine making facility in the Edna Valley. In addition to our small lot hand-crafted wines, we are a large custom crush/AP facility and have a large bulk wine program.
This entry level cellar position is a unique opportunity to gain experience in both large and small-scale winery operations. As a part of our small team, cellar hands will participate in every step of winemaking and become familiar with a wide variety of equipment, procedures and wines.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Follow and observe safe cellar practices
• Understanding, following and completing work orders
• Wine and juice transfers and blending
• Additions to wine and juice
• Sanitation of all winery equipment
• Help to maintain general cleanliness in facility
• Barrel work – cleaning, filling, emptying and topping
• Some limited lab analysis
• Safe forklift operation
Previous experience in a winery environment is a plus, but not required. Most importantly, the applicant must be hardworking, eager to learn, work well with others in a team environment and not be afraid to get dirty. Applicants should be prepared to work extended hours during harvest in a physically demanding environment. This includes the ability to work in various temperatures, in bending or kneeling positions, and being on your feet for more than 8 hours a day.
• Basic PC and math skills required.
• Valid CA Driver’s License is required.
• Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed, especially
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
• Must be comfortable with heights and confined spaces.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: