Lab and Cellar Harvest Intern
End of July
This is a seasonal job that requires 40 to 80 per week during the grape harvesting season. The job will begin at the end of July and possibly run until mid-November.
In this hourly position the employee will perform routine wine analysis to include enzymatic and wet chemistry. They will also be available to work in the cellar doing wine production tasks.
Specific Duties May Include:
• Testing and tracking field samples for sugar, pH, and acidity
• Tracking fermentations in the cellar
• Loading samples for auto analysis
• Recording results into proper journals and databases
• Pulling accurate juice and wine samples for analysis
• Reagent preparation
• Juice additions and inoculations
• Pump overs and punch downs
• Equipment cleaning and sanitation
Background and Experience:
Previous lab experience and wine knowledge is preferred. The applicant must be organized with a strong attention to detail. They must have good communications skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts. Applicants must have reliable transportation and a responsible work ethic.
Applicants may be required to stand long periods of time. They will occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms. They may be required to sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, as well as occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of weight.