Grower Relations Intern & Sugar Tester - Central Coast
O'Neill Vintners and Distillers
Paso Robles, CA
O’Neill Vintners & Distillers is the leading California producer of premium brands, bulk wine, brandy and spirits for the beverage alcohol trade. Leveraging our vertically integrated vineyard, winery and bottling operations, O’Neill Vintners provides the highest quality products and service at an exceptional value.
From grape supply through wine processing to bottling services, O’Neill is recognized as the preferred outsourcing partner for national retailers and some of the largest adult beverage brands in the world. Today, O’Neill Vintners has grown to become the 7th largest winery in California and has earned a reputation as one of the premier commercial wine producers in the business.
End of October
This seasonal position requires significant travel to a wide variety of vineyards along the Central Coast, collecting grape samples during the Harvest Season. The length of the season/position depends on the 2019 Harvest Season, but is generally between Mid-July and end of October.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Collecting and Preparing Grape Samples at various vineyards
* Run Lab analysis on Grape Samples daily
* Vineyard and Grape Health monitoring
* Provide support to lab personnel, as needed
* Must be dependable and flexible to work varying shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Work well in team setting
* Ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
* Must have valid driver's license
* Some knowledge of vineyards beneficial
* 21 and over preferred, but not required
* Ability to lift 40 lbs.
* Position requires significant travel between vineyards (company truck provided)
* Must be able to walk and drive for long periods of time
* Primary work activities are in the environmental elements
+ Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
+ Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
All office and lab work will be done at O'Neill's coastal winery, Robert Hall.
Please email application and cover letter to Kirk Brown.