2019 Harvest Internship
Rideau Vineyard is a small family-owned winery in the Santa Ynez Valley. We produce a range of varieties while focusing on Rhone wines. We have a small estate vineyard while also sourcing from other vineyards in Santa Barbara County for a total of about 80 tons.
We are currently looking for a harvest intern to join our team and assist with our 2019 harvest. The team here is small, experienced, and very close-knit; we are looking for the right candidate for our winery family. As a small team, our duties are varied and we have the opportunity to spend time in the cellar and lab.
Candidates should be punctual, self-starting, hard-working, detail oriented, passionate about wine, and have a positive attitude. The candidate should be prepared to report mid-August and be willing to work through harvest’s end (can be anywhere from end of October to early December depending on the year) with the possibility of extending the position for the right candidate.
End of the Season- Variable
• Perform cellar duties including, but not limited to, operating and maintaining equipment, hand sorting, forklift operation, pressing, barrel movement, cellar cleaning, etc.
• Perform Laboratory analysis including: Brix, pH and TA by pH Meter, VA by cash still, and Enzymatic analysis by Spectrophotometer
• Conduct proper house techniques for cleaning, sanitizing and storing winery equipment
• Set up equipment for processing, wine and juice transfers and tank preparations.
• Perform cellar duties such as punch downs, rackings, drain and press, additions, barrel filling and maintenance.
• Properly follow and complete work orders for tracking.
• Follow standard operating procedures to ensure efficiency and continued quality.
• Adhere to all safety policies.
• Demonstrate apt attention to detail in all aspects of work.
• Assist in any other production related activities for crush as directed by winemaker.
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
• Must be willing to work extended and flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly and repeatedly.
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and perform physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, squatting).
• Ability to read, write, and understand English with the ability to follow instructions.
• Must a team player.
Additional Qualifications (beneficial but not required)
• Previous cellar and harvest experience.
• Laboratory experience a plus.
• Licensed fork lift operator preferred
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Adrienne St. John: email@example.com