2019 Harvest Internship
Stephen Ross Wine Cellars
San Luis Obispo, CA
Stephen Ross Wine Cellars is a small, family owned winery in the Edna Valley. We specialize in vineyard-designated Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, producing about 15,000 cases annually.
This intern position is an entry level position, but cellar experience is extremely helpful. The intern will be working in all facets of the winemaking process, including but certainly not limited to processing fruit, cap management, and lab analysis. Therefore, a basic understanding of the winemaking process is required. This is a seasonal position, beginning in August and ending in November.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pump-overs, punch-downs, additions
• Operating pumps and presses
• Assisting with processing fruit
• Wine transfers, barreling down
• Lab analysis – Brix, pH, TA, etc.
• Barrel steaming, pressure washing, winery sanitation
• Assisting the cellar shift leads in all aspects of the winemaking process
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Hard working and detail oriented
• An understanding and enthusiasm for winemaking and viticulture
• The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
• Willingness to work overtime on a regular basis, including weekends
• Ability to work early morning and/or late evening shifts
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
The ideal candidate has open availability during this time (not taking classes), but we are willing to potentially be flexible with our scheduling for the right individual.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Jessie Poletti.