Pahlmeyer, a family owned winery in Napa Valley, is looking for a passionate and dedicated Production Assistant to join our winery team.
At Pahlmeyer, we are committed to creating a dynamic and focused environment, allowing us to craft Napa Valley wines of the utmost quality. In achieving excellence in winemaking, we also seek to create and support opportunities for all employees to develop long-term careers and pursue lifelong learning.
The Pahlmeyer Production Assistant will split their time 60% in the office and 40% in the winery. The computer work will encompass writing Work Orders, data entry and record keeping. The Production Assistant will then be involved in all winery work, including harvest, bottling, racking and blending wines, etc.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Work Order creation and entry into cloud-based database
• Plan and review packaging materials, quality control, and inventory of packaging goods.
• Assist asset inventory, including barrels
• Adhere to our safety protocols.
• Create and maintain reports requested by Winemaking
• Maintain Winemaking records
• Assist the cellar team and lab with winery work throughout the year.
Job knowledge and abilities:
• Highly organized, with proven ability to execute plans and goals
• Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Suite of products
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
• Ability to follow through on commitments
• Understanding of winery work and winemaking process
• Adaptable to a dynamic environment, quickly adjust to current needs, especially during harvest
• Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations with focus and perseverance
Key among the requirements will be a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a drive for quality. We require at least two years of experience working in wine production. Furthermore, candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work for extended hours, including weekends.