Harvest Cellar Intern
At Bespoke Collection, we aim to inspire! Through our curated selection of boutique wines, one-of-a-kind objets d’art, and unique lifestyle experiences, we strive to exceed expectations of members, clients, and partners. Our team is vital to our success, and we believe in challenging our people to encourage growth. Our cultural focus is to hire those who possess a combination of three essential virtues – Hungry, Humble, and People Smart. Working here you’ll find yourself among a dynamic team, in an environment filled with professional challenges and opportunities.
The position of Harvest Cellar Worker comprises the role in the day-to-day winemaking operations of the company’s brands and grape-growing operations. This position works in concert with the Bespoke Collection Consulting Winemaker, Bespoke Collection Winemaker, and Bespoke Collection Winemaking team in producing quality wines. This position requires an individual that can work collaboratively, but also autonomously on day-to-day operations.
Essential Job Duties:
• Work in conjunction with Bespoke Collection Winemaking team to craft quality wines for multiple brands.
• Perform grape receiving, crushing, fermentation, pressing and general wine production operations during harvest period.
• Complete cellar procedures with great attention to detail under the supervision of the Bespoke Collection Winemaking team.
• Work as part of the cellar team in day to day operations.
• Assist as needed for custom crush operations.
• Accurately perform laboratory analysis and benchtop trials.
• Prepare and standardize laboratory chemicals as needed.
• Facilitate wine production by maintaining accurate work orders.
• Responsible for adhering to all state and federal regulations as it relates to winemaking.
• High School or equivalent education.
• Experience with both the practical and technical aspects of the winemaking process and understand winemaking regulatory requirements preferred.
Core Qualifications & Skills:
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Strong attention-to-detail & good project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Available to work a varied schedule during harvest season as needed
• Accuracy with numbers and strong recordkeeping skills along with a working knowledge of data collection and data analysis. Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and a reliable mode of transportation.
• Basic computer proficiency necessary
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is highly beneficial
• Must be able to climb stairs, stoop and bend and lift
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to work extensive hours as needed
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.