Hospitality Assistants - Edna Valley Winery
Edna Valley Tasting Room/Winery
San Luis Obispo
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" three years in row, we couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Edna Valley Winery is hiring for Hospitality Assistants! This position will assist with duties around the winery and tasting room to maintain a presentable and guest friendly environment. Outlined below in essential functions are job duties of this role to support and ensure tasting room reps can focus on wine sales and guest experience at the bar, while this position handles more of the behind the scenes tasks associated with guest experience.
What You Will Do:
• Keeps tasting room and club room stocked with clean tasting glasses throughout the day.
• Maintains property standards regarding cleanliness and organization of all public areas to include the tasting room and patio areas of the Winery.
• Supports tasting room staff with duties such as clearing and cleaning tables and customer areas, filling water glasses, and returning plates to the kitchen.
• Assist in taking paid wine purchases to customer’s vehicle.
• Restocks retail sales wine, paying attention to varietal and vintage.
• Greets guests upon arrival in courteous manner, explains tasting options to guests and directs or takes them to selected tasting area.
• Notifies tasting room and club room of group arrivals.
• Assists club members with pick-ups and basic register transactions as needed.
• Prep, set-up and tear down of wine tastings, reservations and special events as needed.
• Operates a commercial dishwasher to clean and sanitize glasses, dishes and cookware.
• Hand washes and spot cleans dishes to ensure they are clean, presentable and available for tastings as required.
• Organizes, dries, polishes and restocks glasses, dishware and cookware in an efficient manner and with care not to break dishes and glassware.
• Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
What You Will Need:
High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
Required to be 18 years of age or older.
Required to be physically capable of executing any job tasks.
Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Required to possess the vision necessary to inspect glassware and dishware for smudges, chips, or stains.