Peachy Canyon Winery
Peachy Canyon is a family owned winery that has been producing award winning wines in Paso Robles, California since 1988. We are currently seeking a couple more seasonal interns to round out our dynamic winemaking team for our 31st harvest, from early August into November. While commonly associated with Zinfandel, we work with 23 different varieties from 7 AVAs within Paso Robles.
Here at Peachy Canyon we play hard, and work hard. This is a physically-demanding harvest position that will require long hours and weekends. The pay is hourly and dependent on previous experience. International candidates are strongly encouraged as we have current staff who have spent harvests overseas and truly want to share the central coast with the world. Our cellar features a full kitchen and housing options at the winery are available.
Our intent is to produce world class wines, and as such a large amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation. However, we strive to give our interns the opportunity to participate in all phases of production including but not limited to receiving grapes, cap management, additions, laboratory analysis, pressing and barreling down. Qualified candidates must additionally possess a strong work ethic, great attention to detail, a positive attitude and the ability to legally work in California.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous winery production & harvest experience desired, but not required.
- Strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage changing priorities and workflow.
- Passion for winemaking and desire to learn winemaking techniques.
- Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hrs continuously, and up to 12 hrs/day.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to learn forklift operation.