★~DELI ATTENDANT AND CASHIER~★
Sextant Wines; Gourmet Deli
San Luis Obispo
Since 2004 our focus at Sextant Wines has been devoted to expanding the horizons of the California Central Coast by creating quality wines that respect their origin, express varietal character and provide value. We honor tradition and embrace innovation in our quest to excel. Sextant Wines was founded in 2004 by Nancy and Craig Stoller when they planted their 110 acre estate property in Templeton, CA featuring Zinfandel and Bordeaux varietals. We produce world class wines that reflect uncompromised quality, by utilizing the unique terroir and climate of the California Central Coast.
DOE + TIPS
DELI ATTENDANT AND CASHIER~
The Gourmet Deli At Sextant Wines
San Luis Obispo/Edna Valley, CA
Deli Attendant and Cashier Opening:
Our San Luis Obispo/Edna Valley Deli is currently seeking attentive, reliable, and customer service-oriented individual to fill a part-time position, other opportunities are available for the right candidate. Friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be available to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays are expected. Prior food and customer service experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
Essential Responsibilities include:
• Provide a warm, friendly atmosphere and ensure that customer feels welcome and taken care of throughout their on-site experience.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe the department dress code.
• Accurately take and/or prepare customer food and beverage orders including following the established recipes or producing Deli orders.
• Clean and stock Deli foods and merchandise as needed, assist with taking inventory when needed.
• Accurately handle routine purchase transactions including operating cash register, preparing credit card charges, giving change etc.
• Ensure that tables and countertops are cleared of dishes, glasses, and trash and are cleaned for the next customer.
• Answer phones; take phone orders or appropriate messages.
• Be able to efficiently and effectively order necessary inventory and maintain portion control.
• Some menu preparation and implementation will be required.
• Must be able to keep an organized working space as well as in the kitchen.
• Understanding of food safety and health code compliance.
Experience in operating cash register or ability to learn.
Candidates must possess some wine knowledge.
Food Safety Certification a plus.
Motivated, self-starter and independent work ethic.
Ability to lift up to 54 lbs. is required
Ability to work entire shift standing and walking required