Winery and Vineyard Intern
Saint Helena, CA
For two decades Failla has been making Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah from the Sonoma Coast. We also have a few custom crush clients and a small Zinfandel brand. Using grapes sourced from some of California's best vineyards, we make single-vineyard wine with no inoculations or additions other than minimal effective SO2 after MLF. Our estate vineyards are located on the coast in the Fort Ross-Seaview AVA, in the Russian River Valley AVA, and at the winery in St. Helena.
July or August
October or November
Failla is seeking an intern/cellar worker for the upcoming vintage.
You will need to have experience in a wide range of tasks associated with minimal-intervention, small lot winemaking. There is a lot of cleaning! As we aim to bottle all wine unfiltered, commitment to cleanliness and precision at all times is absolutely fundamental to your position.
While most work will take place at our St. Helena facility, you may also be asked to travel to our Sonoma County properties for vineyard work with overnight stays at our Fort Ross-Seaview ranch.
We cannot provide housing or transportation. This is not an enology/lab internship as all lab work is done off-site.
• Prior harvest experience required
• A genuine love for the process- from cleaning barrels to punchdowns to a well-organized racking
• Must be able to climb a ladder, lift 50 lbs and push/pull 100 lbs
• Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary- our wines are almost entirely punched-down or foot-tread and require a high degree of exertion
• Effective communication skills
• Must be able to drive a forklift
• Drivers license and personal transportation
• Experience with spreadsheets and/or G Suite is an advantage