Harvest Lab Intern 2019
Niner Wine Estates
Paso Robles, CA
Niner Wine Estates, a sustainable estate winery located on the Central Coast, is looking for a harvest lab intern for our 2019 harvest. The winery is focused on producing 100% estate grown Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone and Italian varietals from three vineyards in San Luis Obispo County. This position would be approximately 80% laboratory and 20% cellar duties.
We offer competitive wages, DOE
Our lab intern will perform a variety of jobs including:
• Preparing and maintaining the lab for daily analysis
• Pulling samples from the crush pad, press, tanks and barrels
• Preparation of reagents, standards and solutions
• Additions and inoculations
• Performing grape maturity analysis on juice (Brix, pH, TA)
• Daily fermentation checks on fermenters (Brix, temperature)
• Performing enzymatic analyses and alcohol measurements on finished wine
• Data entry
• Communication with winemaking staff on a daily basis
We are seeking a candidate who is organized, detail and quality-oriented, reliable, have the ability to multi-task detailed procedures, work independently as well as within a team, and communicate clearly and directly with supervisors. The team values people who are motivated, have a willingness to learn, have a passion for wine, and maintain a happy and healthy attitude.
• Work extended hours and weekends (approx. 60 hours/week)
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• The ability to do frequent physical labor, walking, bending, standing for long periods of time and ascend/descend stairs and ladders
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation
• Secure employment through United Staffing Associates once hired
• Complete a drug screening. Niner Wine Estates is a drug-free workplace