"Concerts in the Plaza" Summer Events Operations Internship
Downtown San Luis Obispo
Downtown SLO is a 501 (c)(6) nonprofit whose mission is to foster an economically vibrant Downtown through community oriented events.
SUMMARY: Every summer, Downtown SLO hosts the weekly Thursday Night Farmers’ Market and Friday Concerts in the Plaza series. This internship program is designed for college students to gain experience in event management and operations.
Upon conclusion of the internship, individual will receive a letter of recommendation if requested. In addition, the supervisor will validate hours for credit towards college degrees and work experience. Intern is encouraged to enter the internships with goals in mind and communicate those goals to staff members so they can assist with fulfillment of those goals. This is an unpaid position and does not include benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute daily event production timeline to ensure all aspects are completed as planned.
• Responsible for event set-up and getting all materials organized on-site.
• Provides event production support for Thursday Night Farmers’ Market and Friday night Concerts in the Plaza.
• Work with a high level of service, communication, and teamwork. This will include balancing multiple tasks and requests at one time.
• Act as a liaison between event attendees and events managers as needed.
• Interact with staff, volunteers, clients and event guests in a professional and ethical manner.
• Attention to crowd flow, venue cleanliness and safety during all events.
• Break down and return all event equipment and supplies to proper locations. Maintain storage areas and event venue areas to ensure they remain organized.
• Requires working independently and as part of a team.
• Requires evening hours on Thursday and Friday every week.
• Perform other duties as necessary to assist the organization.
Working along the Beer, Wine, and Cider Sponsoring including Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Chamisal Vineyards and Malene, and Jean Marie Cidery in coordinating event operations. Creating relationships through sponsors, wine industry, and operations for a large scale event.