Full and Part time Harvest Positions!
ONX Estate Wines is looking for experienced, hard-working, and detail-oriented interns to join us for the 2019 harvest at our Tin City Winery.
At ONX winery, we specialize in blends off our west-side estate located in the coveted Templeton Gap AVA, as well as provide custom crush services for a handful of local premium brands.
Interns will join our small, four-person production team in processing small, premium lots over the course of the vintage and be exposed to all facets of the winemaking process.
includes (but not be limited to):
• Crush-pad and sorting-line operations
• Fermentation management (i.e. pump-overs and punch-downs)
• Barrel work (topping, filling, racking, cleaning, etc)
• Sanitation (Make it sparkle)
• Sampling (in cellar and vineyards)
• Wine and must additions
• Participation in on-site benchmark tastings, lot evaluations, and blending trials.
• Laboratory analyses
• Bottling prep and bottling line operations
• Have a general understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
• Have one year of harvest cellar experience (preferred), but we are willing the train the right candidate
• Possesses a great attention to detail
• Work well as a team member
• Be available to work from approximately early August through mid-December (possibility to work through a bottling in late December).
• Be dependable and flexible to work overtime and weekends during the peak of harvest.
• Have a local living situation established. Please, no International inquiries. We will not accept resumes from candidates outside the US.
• Be prompt and show up to shifts on time.
• Have a clean DMV record and a current driver’s license as well as a reliable form of transportation.
• Possess or be willing to develop a love for South Park quotes
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend and stand for prolonged periods
• Climb stairs
• Lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
• Work in both cool cellar temperatures and warm Paso Robles outdoor temperatures/conditions
• Navigate steep and uneven vineyard terrain for sampling