Atelier des Savants Fous (ASF)
Located in Gilroy of the Santa Clara Valley, we are a full-service custom-crush winery producing approximately 15,000 cases per year. We serve a number of clients that produce award-winning wines, such as Sarah’s Vineyard.
We are looking to fill a Cellar Technician position who will be responsible for execution of cellar operations, as well as assist in our warehouse.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Winemaker and Assistant Winemaker. We work with a wide range of varietals, so this position is a great opportunity to experience the aspects of each. This is a very hands-on position and requires a technical knowledge of winemaking.
The Cellar Technician will be responsible for safely performing and supervising cellar operations to a very high standard, operating various cellar equipment, and participating in the review and development of standard operating procedures. The candidate must be able to help organize and complete work in an effective and efficient manner, with a focus on quality, and be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Execute various cellar operations including: rackings, additions, barrel work, sanitation, and harvest operations.
-Operate and maintain general winery equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized cellar.
- Assist on the bottling line and warehouse operations.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Great communication skills, spoken and written
- Can work well as a team member.
- Motivated and passionate about producing high quality wines.
- Able to lift 25kg+ and able to work at heights and stand or perform physical activities for several hours.
- Willing to work extended hours during harvest or if required.