Winemakers LLC Viticulture Intern 2021 - Oregon
Oregon - North Willamette Valley - Salem, Newberg, Yamhill
Winemakers LLC Oregon focuses on growing high quality wine grapes in Oregon. We farm over 700 acres of wine grapes - mostly Pinot Noir but some Pinot Gris and Chardonnay, also.
Mid-October 2021 depending on the end of harvest
Winemakers LLC is looking for a seasonal viticulture intern to work in our vineyards located in the North Willamette Valley in Oregon (Marion and Yamhill Counties). Internship would start in June and extend through the end of harvest, typically around the middle of October. If you are student enrolled in a class during summer or fall, we will try to accommodate your class schedule.
The intern would assist the viticulturist and vineyard team with duties such as but not limited to:
• Crop estimation
• Leaf water potentials, vine stress for irrigation scheduling
• Scouting for pests, diseases
• Collecting phenological data
• Sampling for nutritional analysis at bloom and veraison
• Data collection for the Statewide Crop Load Project
• Harvest maturity sampling
• Enrolled in a viticulture program or other program related to plant sciences.
• Strong communication skills - can communicate effectively in English, Spanish speaking skills a plus.
• Be able to work (stand, bend and walk) extended hours outside in all weather conditions.
• Be able to operate an ATV on rough terrain for long periods of time – training available.
• Able to lift 40 lbs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, dependable transportation and provide own housing.
• Have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to be a team player as well as work independently.