Harvest Intern - Sugar Sampler
DAOU Vineyards & Winery
DAOU Vineyards & Winery is committed to producing collectible, world-class wines to rival the most respected appellations in the world.
The position will focus on visiting vineyards along the Central Coast and sampling fruit. During the harvest season, this person will also work very closely with the winemaking team to assist with cellar work. The hours will be part-time, mostly early mornings to mid-afternoon, traveling from vineyard to vineyard throughout the 2021 Harvest (July – November). The position requires a flexible schedule and may include evenings and weekends.
Qualified students will be enrolled in Wine and Viticulture or similar program.
- Must be able to walk long distances on uneven ground, be able to work in wet, humid or hot environment.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Requires dependability and flexibility regarding work schedule during harvest months.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, work ethic, and ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments.
- Commitment to excellence, high ethical standards, & ability to prioritize with accuracy.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. and able to stand for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Madison Jackson, Grower Relations Manager