2021 Harvest Internship
Williams Selyem Winery
Williams Selyem Winery is a leading producer of small-batch Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays, and Zinfandels located in the Russian River Valley. We are a team that is passionate about crafting exceptional wines that express the uniqueness of the extraordinary vineyard sites we work with.
Depends on Experience
Beginning of August 2021
TBD: end of October 2021, depending on the season
We are hiring hardworking, passionate, detail-oriented, and fun individuals to fill out our 2021 harvest crew. The Williams Selyem Harvest Interns work closely with the winemaking team and play a crucial role in crafting our wines.
• Fermentation management: punch downs and foot treading.
• Crush pad operations: grape receival and processing.
• Draining tanks by gravity, pressing, and Barrel filling.
• Yeast and bacteria culture propagation and inoculations.
• Grape maturity sampling and processing.
• As well as, topping, cleaning, etc.
• At least one harvest experience and previous forklift experience is preferred.
• General knowledge of winemaking and viticulture
• Ability to climb, bend, stand for prolonged lengths of time, and be able to lift 50lbs.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
• Candidates must be at least 21 years of age by start of internship
• Ability to lawfully work in the USA
Candidates should be very organized, accurate, be able to efficiently multi-task. Successful interns have a good understanding of winemaking concepts and have a positive attitude. We strive to form a diverse crew that works tightly together so being a team player is key.