Bar Back/Food Runner
Robert Hall Winery - O'Neill Vintners & Distillers
Robert Hall Winery is looking for full-time Bar Back/Food Runner to join our team. We are a family owned and operated winery located on Highway 46.
O'Neill Vintners & Distillers was founded in 2004 by Jeff O'Neill, former CEO of Golden State Vintners. The family-owned and operated winery has grown to become one of the largest wine and spirits producers in California with a reputation for producing high quality products from the North Coast, Central Coast and Central Valley. Through its extensive vineyards and modern production facilities, O'Neill provides premium winemaking and distilling services to the industry as well as its growing portfolio of national brands and exclusive labels.
SUMMARY: The Bar Back/Food Runner back will work directly with guests of the winery, providing exceptional service and best in class customer experience. This position performs a range of tasks including, but not limited to; preparing tables, serving orders, explaining meals, and communicating between kitchen and the tasting room staff. Within kitchen operations, assists in food preparation and delivery of all available winery offerings. Provide wine information including appropriate food pairings with a pleasant and professional delivery to all guests within a team environment to further support the growth and reputation of the winery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist guests with their orders by explain food pairing
• Deliver food orders to a variety of guests in a timely manner
• Accurately explain food orders to chef, with specific attention to allergies and special requests
• Assist the tasting room team with set up
• Uphold all food health and safety and sanitation principles
• Occasionally check on guests to accommodate requests or concerns.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service, creating a fun, educational and memorable experience for all winery guests
• Ability to learn our history and share it
• Assist in the kitchen as required
• Bus tables as needed
• Maintain a clean and orderly tasting room environment
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
• Provide support in the back of house operations, including culinary activities and operations
• Work as a team and support all peers and leaders
• Work in a safe manner and report any health or safety concerns
• Ability to adhere to companies’ 4 core standards
o Forward Thinking
o Always Deliver
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Prior experience and wine knowledge desirable
• Ability to acquire food and beverage safety training and certificate program – ServSafe
• Ability to acquire Food Handlers Card
• Ability to acquire the (RBS) Responsible Beverage Service Certificate
• Ability to stay professional in a stressful work environment
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand for prolonged periods
• Perform some repetitive motion activities
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Safely lift, move and stack boxes up to 50 lbs
• Work is normally performed in a tasting room/kitchen environment- indoors and outdoors