2021 Winery Harvest Intern
Niner Wine Estates
Paso Robles, CA
Niner Wine Estates, a certified-sustainable estate winery located in Paso Robles, is looking for harvest interns for our 2020 harvest. The winery produces 100% estate grown Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone and Italian varietals from three vineyards in San Luis Obispo County. Interns work in both the main production winery (400 tons) as well as the smaller craft winery (100 tons). This is an opportunity to work with two hands-on winemakers with a range of techniques and varietals in a LEED-certified, gravity-flow winery. Interns rotate through a variety of positions in order to gain an understanding of the entire winemaking process.
We offer competitive wages, DOE
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Winery and equipment sanitization
• Crushing, sorting, pressing
• Cap management (pumpovers, punchdowns and delestages)
• Additions and inoculations
• Draining and pressing
• Barrel cleaning, filling and topping
• Equipment preparation and maintenance
• Wine racking and transfers
• Tank and barrel sampling
We are seeking candidates who are organized, quality-oriented, reliable, have the ability to follow detailed procedures, work independently as well as within a team, and communicate clearly and directly with supervisors. The team values people who are motivated, have a willingness to learn, have a passion for wine, and maintain a happy and healthy attitude.
• Work extended hours and weekends (approx.10 hours/day, 6 days/week)
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• The ability to do frequent physical labor, bending, and ascend/descend stairs with a load
• The ability to work in hot and cold environments (indoors and outdoors)
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation
• Securing employment through United Staffing Associates (in coordination with Niner Wine Estates)
• Completing a drug screening. Niner Wine Estates is a drug-free workplace
• Experience and industry education is preferred but not necessary
• Forklift experience is also preferred
The safety of our staff and our community is the #1 priority at Niner Wine Estates. We follow strict social distancing, mask, and sanitation protocols to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.