Harvest Cellar Internship
Come join the Martinelli Winery team in the Russian River Valley this harvest and experience our rich history by producing high quality wines. The primary goal of Martinelli Winery has always been hand-crafting wines that are born in our estate vineyards, using only our favorite blocks for each vineyard designated wine. These wines are small production and each vineyard is hand farmed meticulously, producing only the finest quality fruit. We produce estate grown Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, and Syrah.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Grape processing and sorting.
• Pump-overs and punch-downs.
• Monitoring fermentations by measuring Brix and temperature.
• Juice and wine additions.
• Moving hoses and equipment.
• Barrel work (filling, topping and stirring).
• Collecting lab samples from barrels and tanks.
• Cleaning/sanitizing equipment.
• Interns are responsible for following the company’s health, safety and sanitation standards.
Qualifications and benefits:
• Harvest and wine industry experience is preferred but not required.
• Forklift skills are a plus.
• Candidates should be able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• A positive attitude and willingness to take on new tasks is essential.
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to follow and interpret verbal and written instructions.
• Effective communication skills.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to stand on hard services for long periods of time.
• Ability to work in various temperatures and climates.
• Flexibility, as shift work and weekends are required.
• This is a seasonal, full-time (~40-50 hrs. per week) hourly-paid internship position.
• One meal per week is provided as well as lots of snacks.
• Martinelli Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.