Harvest Vineyard Internship
Come join the Martinelli Winery team in the Russian River Valley this harvest and experience our rich history by producing high quality wines. The primary goal of Martinelli Winery has always been hand-crafting wines that are born in our estate vineyards, using only our favorite blocks for each vineyard designated wine. These wines are small production and each vineyard is hand farmed meticulously, producing only the finest quality fruit. We produce estate grown Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, and Syrah.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Data collection.
• Crop forecasting.
• Vineyard monitoring and scouting.
• Cluster/berry sampling and fruit processing.
• Assist lab with analysis (Brix, pH and TA).
• Cleaning/sanitizing equipment and sample processing area.
• 75% in the vineyard, 25% processing vineyard samples and entering data at the winery.
• Interns are responsible for following the company’s health, safety and sanitation standards
Qualifications and benefits:
• Degree (or enrolled) in an Agriculture or Wine & Viticulture program is preferred.
• Harvest and wine industry experience is recommended
• A positive attitude.
• Detail oriented and comfortable working alone.
• Have a clean DMV record and current driver’s license.
• Reliable personal transportation that is appropriate for rugged conditions (mileage will be reimbursed).
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to walk long distances and climb hills/steep inclines in various climate conditions.
• Flexibility, as shift work and weekends are required.
• This is a seasonal, full-time (~40-50 hrs. per week) hourly-paid internship position.
• One meal per week is provided as well as lots of snacks.
• Martinelli Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.