Harvest Fermentation Internship
Come join the Martinelli Winery team in the Russian River Valley this harvest and experience our rich history by producing high quality wines. The primary goal of Martinelli Winery has always been hand-crafting wines that are born in our estate vineyards, using only our favorite blocks for each vineyard designated wine. These wines are small production and each vineyard is hand farmed meticulously, producing only the finest quality fruit. We produce estate grown Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, and Syrah.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Assists in cellar work and vineyard sampling at the beginning of harvest.
• Initiate, manage and track all fermentations.
• Writing fermentation work orders.
• Inoculations for primary and secondary fermentation.
• Maintaining ML cultures.
• Data entry and management.
• Communication with winemakers, laboratory and cellar staff.
• Cleaning/sanitizing equipment.
• Interns are responsible for following the company’s health, safety and sanitation standards.
Qualifications and benefits:
• Degree in Fermentation Science, Enology or sciences preferred.
• Harvest and wine industry experience is preferred.
• Self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Have great attention to detail.
• Proficiency with excel.
• Follow and interpret verbal and written instructions.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to stand on hard services for long periods of time.
• Ability to walk long distances and climb hills/steep inclines.
• Ability to work in various temperatures and climates.
• Flexibility, as shift work and weekends are required.
• This is a seasonal, full-time (~40-50 hrs. per week) hourly-paid internship position.
• One meal per week is provided as well as lots of snacks.
• Martinelli Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.