St. helena, Napa valey and Plymouth, amador County
About Rombauer Vineyards: When founders Koerner and Joan Rombauer moved their two children, two horses and five dogs to Napa Valley in 1972, they arrived armed with an appreciation for the intimate relationship between food and wine. Their appreciation stemmed from Koerner’s great aunt Irma Rombauer having authored internationally renowned cookbook the Joy of Cooking and his ancestors originating from the winegrowing region of Rheingau, Germany, where wine is considered an essential complement to a meal. Appreciation bred passion, and Rombauer Vineyards was established in 1980. Forty years later, the winery remains owned by second- and third-generation members of the family. Under the direction of Director of Winemaking and Viticulture Richie Allen, Rombauer Vineyards combines traditional viticultural and winemaking practices with the best available technology to ensure the highest quality wine production. The winery produces critically acclaimed Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel and Sauvignon Blanc.
$17-20 depending on experience
- Operating pumps and filters to transfer, rack, filter and blend wines as directed
- Operating crusher and presses, moving hoses and equipment, obtaining lab samples and handling the shipping and receiving of tanker trucks
- Sanitizing all equipment and areas of cellar operation
- Barrel work such as cleaning, gassing, emptying, filling and topping
- Proper use and handling of winery additives and chemicals
- Safely driving and operating forklifts and scissor lifts
- Assisting in ensuring maintenance of wine quality
- Following established safety regulations
This is a seasonal position requiring long hours. Working weekends and occasional work on holidays may be required, as well. Rombauer Vineyards offers a positive work environment where team members are devoted to the highest quality delivered with a sense of graciousness, pride, fun, and company spirit. Come join our friendly and knowledgeable staff and become a part of our family! Special Requirements: This position requires regular standing and walking. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. In addition, the employee is required to spend considerable time in confined or cramped spaces. Any employment offer is conditional until successful completion and passing of a pre-employment physical examination, approval of your driving record by our insurance carrier, and drug screening paid for by Rombauer Vineyards.
Limited accommodation can also be provided.