Community Development Representative
InnoVint Winemaking Software
West Coast (remote)
InnoVint is a rapidly growing software company, offering the wine industry’s leading wine production software solution.
Our cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution helps commercial wineries’ wine production, winegrowing, governmental compliance, IT and finance teams efficiently manage the end-to-end operations of a modern, successful winery. From vineyard to bottle to filing mandatory compliance reports with the TTB, InnoVint is modern winemaking reimagined!
Despite a global pandemic, in terms of both net new revenue and net new clients, InnoVint enjoyed its best fiscal year last year (2020). Even though we had a great year, due in large part to word-of-mouth referrals from our ecstatic winery clients, we know we can grow even faster! As such, we’re hiring our first Community Development Representative (CDR). If you join us, you’ll proactively establish pre-sales relationships with winemakers, educating the wine industry about InnoVint’s innovative SaaS solution. You’ll work closely with our marketing and sales teams to foster industry awareness, qualify interest and generate demand, helping us accelerate our growth!
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Gregarious, outgoing personality with a confident phone presence
- Authentic, active listening skills combined with intellectual curiosity and genuine interest in winemaking and winery operations
- Excellent written communication skills
- Eagerness and ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Passion for winemaking and enough industry experience to discuss commercial wine production techniques with winemakers
- Resourceful in conducting market research and industry analysis
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a collaborative, yet self-directed, results-focused role. You’ll work closely with the sales and marketing team and others in the company and as our first CDR, you’ll be writing the playbook for community development at InnoVint. Some of the activities you’ll focus on include:
- Account based research within the wine industry
- Outbound outreach via email, phone and social media to winemakers and others in the wine industry
- Following up with attendees of trade shows and webinars to ensure they found the content valuable and useful and to see if they have any follow up questions
- Qualifying inbound leads
- Scheduling appointments for members of our sales team
- Maintaining our prospect database
- Achieving and exceeding monthly performance goals (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different wineries operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and challenges they face everyday
- This is a self-directed, individual contributor role that reports to an engaged sales manager who values in-the-moment coaching and weekly one-on-ones
- Writing blog posts about wine industry topics
- Being part of InnoVint’s voice on social media
Who You Are
We know how special and unique you are. We bet you:
- Will become as passionate as we are about improving the lives of winemakers and winery personnel with better software!
- Are ambitious and want to make a big impact on the company’s success
- Self-motivated to exceed performance goals
- Have off the charts intellectual curiosity
- Think on your feet and can comfortably answer unexpected questions in real-time
- Are an adept multi-tasker, comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally with winery prospects and our internal salespeople and marketers
- Are productive working independently from a home office or co-working space
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are flexible and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Are energetic and pro-active: a driven self-starter
- Are collaborative and want to contribute to the success of a team
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in viticulture and enology
- Have some wine industry experience working in production (i.e. you’ve worked a harvest in the cellar or lab)
- Familiarity with InnoVint or another modern wine production software solution is desirable, but not required. If you’ve ever worked a harvest/crush or have dreamt about being a winemaker, that would be ideal.
Does the Community Development Representative Role at InnoVint Excite You?
If joining us as our first Community Development Representative is something that excites you, send us an email to email@example.com. At InnoVint we value diversity and believe diverse teams make better products and contribute to more successful companies. Learn more about the company at https://www.innovint.us/about/
Hiring Manager: Kevin Merritt