ASF Harvest Cellar Hand Job Posting
Atelier des Savants Fous (ASF)
We are a full-service custom-crush winery producing approximately 22,000 cases per year located in Gilroy of the Santa Clara Valley. We serve a number of clients that produce award-winning wines, such as Sarah’s Vineyard.
We are looking for a hard working cellar hand who enjoys working in a team-oriented, hands-on environment. The experience of at least one harvest is preferred but not required, and a can-do attitude is a must.
We work with a wide range of varietals, so this position is a great opportunity to learn the aspects of each while honing your cellar skills in a fun, collaborative environment.
This is a seasonal position starting from August through December.
Qualified candidates will be involved in all aspects of the winemaking process:
• Grape processing
• Wine/must movements
• Wine/must additions
• Cap management (punchdowns/pumpovers)
• Fermentation monitoring (Brix/temp)
• Barrelling (cleaning/filling)
• Tank/press dig outs and cleaning
• Must have a positive attitude
• Must have reliable transportation and housing
• Be able to work and stand for up to 12 hours a day, up to 6 days a week.
Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary (bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, climbing ladders)