Harvest Lab Associate
Opolo Vineyards is seeking harvest laboratory associate to join our team for the 2021 harvest season. As harvest lab associate you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of crush activities while learning from a highly motivated and dynamic production team.
• Analysis of alcohol, pH, TA, VA, ML, RS, SO2, phenolics
• Implement and monitor fermentation procedures
• Prepare and inoculate yeast, malolactic cultures and additions
• Setup and calibrate laboratory equipment
• Prepare reagents, standards and solutions
• Collect samples from tanks, barrels, and bins
• Work with Excel
Laboratory experience and applicable course work is desired but not essential.
Seeking a motivated team-player with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and perform precise work. The candidate must be punctual, prepared to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, day shifts, night shifts, and holidays. Students must take off fall quarter to be eligible for this position.
All candidates will need to be fit and capable of working long hours, lift weights up to 50lbs, and endure extended periods of time walking, standing and climbing ladders. All safety protocols must be adhered to while employed by Opolo Vineyards.
The period of employment will likely extend from August through to the beginning of November. Candidate must have reliable means of transportation and a clean driving record.