Competitve pay plus signing bonus
Are you looking to be part of an industry and iconic company that values employees and specializes in making a fun and high quality product? If so, Cakebread Cellars has an open position for you. Our story begins in 1973 with a piece of land, a family passionate about wine and a community of friends and partners who helped bring Cakebread Cellars to life. Cakebread Cellars' wines don't just reflect the personalities of the vineyards, they also reflect the spirit of all of our employees who make our wines and winery remarkable.
We are currently seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic viticulture intern to its team. This is a unique opportunity that provides experience in different aspects of the growing/harvest season. The position starts in early to mid June and goes through mid to late October.
• We are a family owned winery with an established reputation for producing world-class wines! Since 1973 to be exact.
• Our success is built on quality, consistency, and continuity-characteristics we apply equally to the people, grapes, and operations of the winery.
• In 2019, our employees gave such outstanding survey feedback that we became a certified Great Place to Work!
• We are all about our company culture so much so, that it’s our #1 priority.
• We believe in the good life. With 80 employees, there are enough resources to go around so you can enjoy life and the all the benefits we have to offer.
• We love giving back to the community. In fact, we set aside dollars for community resources like health care and housing and donate to many charities.
• We value sustainability in all aspects of our business. We respect the land and our management of it – treating the soil, water and climate with care and respect with regard to the next generation.
What we will ask you to do:
Under the direction of the Director of Vineyard Operations, collects, enters, and analyzes data with the purpose of improving wine quality and vineyard efficiency. Data to measure and analyze includes, but is not limited to: grape vine yield components, vine growth and phenology, irrigation related data, plant pest data, and vine nutrient levels.
• Participates in the collection of viticulture data for the purpose of assessing grape and vine development.
• Monitors all estate and grower vineyard locations assessing the implementation of quality control standards.
• Maintains records of all vineyard water use; maintains records of all well usage as well as pond levels throughout the season.
• Collects and analyzes data for the purpose of creating detailed and accurate crop estimates.
• Assists in the implementation of all viticulture activities.
• Participates in grape receiving operations during harvest.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What you should bring to the table:
• College degree (or in process of a degree) in science field
• Able to perform full-time employment, without conflict, from mid-June through mid October.
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Ability to meet and exceed quality control goals.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Office.
• Ability to work independently and execute job responsibilities with moderate guidance and supervision.
• Good judgment and decision making skills.
What we offer:
• Competitive wages including signing bonus.
• Employee focused environment.
• 50% discount on wine and merchandise.
• Employee training and development programs and opportunities.