Monterey Pacific, Inc.
Paso Robles, CA
Monterey Pacific, Inc. (MPI) provides professional applied agricultural expertise for vineyards located in the Central Coast Region of California. Our team is composed of intelligent, self-motivated, experienced, world-class experts in the field of viticulture. They are encouraged to examine all possibilities and solutions, no matter how unorthodox or counter-intuitive they might appear. From the onset, our employees are empowered with flexibility and encouraged to become interchangeable. We believe that success is an infinite resource attainable by all.
The Vineyard Intern will work alongside the Viticulturist, providing the necessary technical and phenological and sampling data for our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Phenological and crop estimation data collection
- Collect leaf blades for nutritional analysis
- Help collect data on various trials (soil health, new plantings, pruning systems, etc.)
- Assist with Harvest activities, including sampling and laboratory analysis
- Valid California driver’s license with clean driving record required.
- Viticulture/Enology related coursework, or previous vineyard experience.
- Must be highly familiar with Excel, and be able to learn new computer programs and tablet apps.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time accordingly.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) will enhance the value of the internship.