O'Neill Vintners & Distillers - Robert Hall Winery
O’Neill Vintners & Distillers is the leading California producer of premium brands, bulk wine, brandy and spirits for the beverage alcohol trade. Leveraging our vertically integrated vineyard, winery and bottling operations, O’Neill Vintners provides the highest quality products and service at an exceptional value. O’Neill Vintners was founded in 2004 by Jeff O’Neill, former CEO of Golden State Vintners and third generation member of a California winemaking family with industry roots dating back to 1934. From grape supply through wine processing to bottling services, O’Neill is recognized as the preferred outsourcing partner for national retailers and some of the largest adult beverage brands in the world. Today, O’Neill Vintners has grown to become the 7th largest winery in California and has earned a reputation as one of the premier commercial wine producers in the business.
SUMMARY: The Sous Chef is responsible for all kitchen assignments as defined by the Chef as required to support the Robert Hall Winery. The role entails assisting with menu design, food ordering and delivering high quality meals. The Sous Chef will maintain a clean kitchen environment and assure compliance of food handling requirements. The Sous Chef must provide all food offerings in a timely manner and will oversee kitchen operations when the chef is not available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Work closely with Chef on menu design and execution
• Prep and maintain high food quality standards
• Keep and maintain a highly functional and clean kitchen operation
• Perform various other duties and participate in special projects as assigned by the leadership team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Achieve SERV Safe Certification
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
• Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
• Ability to adhere to companies’ 4 core standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Lift, move and stack boxes up to 60 lbs
• Work long hours in standing position
• Move furniture, materials, and equipment
• Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work is normally performed in a kitchen environment
Please go to website and apply!