- Part Time
- Seasonal P/T
Liberty Vineyard LLC
Liberty Vineyard is an established 20+ acre vineyard on the east side of Paso Robles. Planted in 1999, varietals include cabernet sauvignon, syrah, sauvignon blanc, zinfandel, and petite sirah.
Liberty is in the process of significantly expanding operations, including replanting several acres of vineyard, constructing a winemaking facility with tasting room, increasing wine production, and engaging in direct sales.
Contribute to the development and launch of a boutique winery. This position offers a hands-on, wide-ranging experience in winemaking with the opportunity to elevate into a full-time position.
- Grape sampling and analysis
- Vineyard data collection and winemaking documentation
- Participate in and monitor pick, crush, fermentation, press, barreling
- Assist in selection and procurement of winemaking equipment and supplies
- Contribute to online presence (website, social media, etc)
- Interface with consultants and crews
- Evaluate and enhance existing wine in production
- Prescribe winemaking methods/protocols for future vintages
- Other related projects
- Some work can be done off site/at home.
- Ability to work as team with positive attitude, to set and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work hard and learn, to research and work independently
- Ability to network in industry and academia for problem solving
- Wine/vit or ag major preferred; valid drivers license
- Ability to walk/hike distances on uneven ground, lift up to 50 pounds, work outside in hot or cold weather on variable shifts, and stand for long periods
Please email cover letter and resume. Transcript encouraged.