Viticulture Technician (Seasonal Internship)
Paso Robles, CA
Vina Quest, a viticultural consulting company based in Paso Robles, CA, is seeking a seasonal Viticulture Technician to join our growing team. At Vina Quest, we work with vineyards throughout California, in providing comprehensive services and solutions to the wine and agribusiness industries.
The Viticulture Technician will work with vineyards throughout the Central Coast wine region in Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara counties. The position will assist our staff Viticulturists with soil moisture monitoring, petiole and fruit sampling, insect trap monitoring, soil excavation and analysis and special projects as needed throughout the growing season. The Viticulture Technician will gain experience and exposure to the daily activities of a Viticulturist.
• College-level viticulture coursework preferred.
• Self-starter, who can work independently in assigned territory.
• Availability to work April through October, with flexibility to work an occasional weekend as needed.
• Strong communication skills via text, email and verbal with staff Viticulturists/PCA’s.
• Ability to utilize mileage tracking and time reporting App.
• Physically able to lift and carry up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to hike/walk in uneven, steep terrain in varying weather conditions.
• Position requires extensive driving; must provide valid CA driver's license and clean DMV driving record for consideration. A company vehicle provided.