Vineyard Technician Internship
Terre Rouge & Easton Wines
Shenandoah Valley & Fiddletown, CA
Terre Rouge & Easton Wines was founded by Bill Easton and Jane O’Riordan. Winemaker Bill Easton is one of the original Rhône Rangers and pioneered the Rhône varietals in the Sierra Foothills. We make over thirty different wines, many of which are very small production lots. Each is unique and site-specific with a sense of place (terroir) in the Sierra Nevada foothills. We practice sustainability and farm our vineyards organically on steep mountain slopes.
Vineyard Technician Internship (with some cellar and harvest work) that, along with management, will be responsible for farming 35 acres of premium grapes in Amador County, California (50 miles SE of downtown Sacramento). Duties include running the day-to-day operations of our high-quality, internationally-renowned, organic vineyard operations in consultation with the owner/winemaker, including working with labor crews, tractor work (discing, mowing, spraying), maintaining and repairing equipment, and managing landscape surrounding vineyards and winery facilities. You will switch to winery work and harvest activities during the Fall grape harvest and other key production times. Vineyards are farmed completely organically with no herbicides. This is a great opportunity to learn and gain experience at a family-owned, vertically-integrated winery business. This is a competitively paid internship that will start as soon as possible and go through harvest (November). A successful intern may be retained further and achieve a full-time position.
• Bachelor's degree in Viticulture, Enology, or other related Ag Sciences, or extensive experience in vineyard or orchard work, mechanical abilities, and knowledge of basic vine pathologies.
• Mechanically-inclined with the ability to make field repairs to equipment.
• Ability and desire to work outside about 95% of the time.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Highly-organized and time efficient.
• Conversational Spanish.
• Computer skills and record keeping skills.
• Past internship in vineyard and orchard management or the wine industry.