Are you looking for a fun, exciting and fulfilling place to work? Look no further!
Robert Hall Winery is looking for full-time Hospitality Manager.
O’Neill Vintners & Distillers is the leading California producer of premium brands, bulk wine, brandy and spirits for the beverage alcohol trade. Leveraging our vertically integrated vineyard, winery and bottling operations, O’Neill Vintners provides the highest quality products and service at an exceptional value. O’Neill Vintners was founded in 2004 by Jeff O’Neill, former CEO of Golden State Vintners and third generation member of a California winemaking family with industry roots dating back to 1934. From grape supply through wine processing to bottling services, O’Neill is recognized as the preferred outsourcing partner for national retailers and some of the largest adult beverage brands in the world. Today, O’Neill Vintners has grown to become the 7th largest winery in California and has earned a reputation as one of the premier commercial wine producers in the business.
SUMMARY: The Hospitality Manager will be responsible for the overall guest experience that builds brand loyalty and drives sales. This individual acts as an ambassador and “face of the winery,” actively representing the winery to the outside world, including the local community, wine industry associations, account and trade, and consumers, building relationships in all directions
The Hospitality Manager will lead, mentor, and develop the tasting room operations and team, as well as implement sales strategies to promote and drive sales at the DTC level to meet and ultimately exceed monthly sales goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Strategy – Sales & Marketing
• Drives execution of short and long-term business plans and budgets to achieve strategic goals.
• Devise and implement sales strategies and marketing campaigns that improve the sales results of wines through the tasting room and eCommerce while driving the business to the next level.
• Develops and implements sales strategies and campaigns to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
Analysis & Reporting
• Completes monthly/quarterly inventory and depletion reports and monthly/quarterly sales reports including Gross/Net profit on wines.
• Summarizes all monthly/quarterly email campaign earnings and presents to key stakeholders.
• Uses monthly/quarterly reports to provide input and collaborate with Winery Operations and Winemaking.
• Utilizes sales data to identify and promote most effective timelines to market each wine.
• Generates monthly and annual club member reports including growth/retention report and highest grossing buyers.
Leadership & Customer Service
• Hires Tasting Room and Administrative support staff.
• Leads, develops, and trains the tasting room sales team to achieve daily sales and budgeted goals, and to build increased customer loyalty.
• Supervises and directs tasting room staff to ensure they are properly trained on all procedures, including operating cash register and credit card machine, signing up wine club members and collecting customer contact information at the point of sale, opening and closing procedures.
• Leads monthly staff meetings that include education of wine, products and programs, event updates and other pertinent information to aid sales and improve efficiency.
• Designs, maintains, and executes the wine tasting experience curriculum.
• Nurtures an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiastic employee relations among the tasting room and administrative staff.
• Collects and responds to all customer complaints; monitors online customer forums and meets with senior management to implement changes.
• Establishes and monitors key performance indicators to build team skills and establish sound business performance systems to drive accountability, manage risk and drive focused execution.
• Ensures the tasting room, tours and events are properly staffed and we always have sufficient inventory of food and wine.
• Monitors sales incentive program and ensures the tasting room meets sales and wine club membership goals.
Club, Brand & Event Management
• Evaluates opportunities for new club events, marketing opportunities and campaigns.
• Oversees the completion of all forms and submissions for initiatives, allocates wine for and delivers wines to competitions.
• Pours at high-profile events.
• Oversees all winery events to coordinate logistics, including: set-up, staffing, fulfillment and other regularly occurring logistical activities.
• Monitors all event activities by moving around event area, encouraging sales by capitalizing on networked relationships.
• Participates in the review of wines, styles, pricing and makes recommendations.
• Ensures maintenance of the hospitality facilities.
• Assists with monthly physical inventory for wine and oversees inventory counts and allocations.
• Oversight of in-house shipping orders for accuracy and timeliness.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of hospitality, brand marketing, luxury sales, public relations or trade marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Master’s degree plus 3 years of hospitality, brand marketing, luxury sales, public relations or trade marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• World class customer service experience.
• Supervisor/Managerial experience successfully leading a team.
• Experience with maintaining a professional demeanor that positively reflects Company core values.
• Required to work nights and weekends as necessary.
• Required to be legal drinking age (21 years of age or older).
• Ability to adhere to companies’ 4 core standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Accurately complete detailed forms and reports
• Interpret regulations, and/or policies
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Understand and respond to a diverse population
• Work is mainly performed both in and out of doors
• Noise levels are usually moderate but may be moderate to high at time
• A percentage of work time may be spent in a wine warehouse and cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate.
• Floors may be wet and slippery, proper footwear is required