Tasting Room Associate
Summerwood Winery and Inn
Summerwood is a family-owned, boutique winery located on the Westside of Paso Robles. We specialize in artisan crafted Rhône and Bordeaux varietals and blends.
$15 + Incentive
Summerwood Winery & Inn, located on the West side of Paso Robles, is seeking a hospitality superstar to work part-time in our boutique tasting room.
• Assist tasting room guests in all aspects of hospitality, retail sales and the overall visitor experience, including educating visitors on Summerwood wines and techniques.
• Handle routine daily tasks, opening, closing and housekeeping, along with operating POS systems and assisting with shipping and receiving duties.
• Effectively suggest and sell wine, along with converting guests to wine club members.
• Assist with the display and merchandising of wine, logo apparel, gourmet products and boutique items to promote the Summerwood brand.
• Assist with winery activities and events as needed; hospitality functions could include tours and tastings, club events and offsite industry events.
• Be familiar with all applicable Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) laws as they pertain to the tasting room and facility. Responsible for ongoing education in Responsible Beverage Training (RBS) / TIPS Alcohol Training.
• Be familiar with Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) compliance in coordination with intrastate and interstate shipping laws and regulations.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Previous wine retail or restaurant experience a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Basic PC skills (Microsoft Office suite), Point of Sale and Wine Club software experience a plus.
• Direct marketing skills.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be 21 years old.
• Possess a valid California Driver’s License.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
• Enthusiasm, outstanding customer service and hospitality skills.
• Knowledge of wines, wine production and California AVAs helpful.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, with attention to detail and focus on results.
• Ability to take direction.
• Must be able to work weekends, some evenings and some holidays.
• Tasting Room Hospitality Associate position will be subject to a 90-day performance review.
We ask that interested candidates please submit a resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and why you would be a great addition to our team!